Friday, January 20, 2012

Italian Herb Bread

I wanted to include the recipe for this Tasty Italian Herb Bread last night, but truthfully, I was too stuffed from eating my Minestrone S(T)oup that I couldn't be bothered! This bread was a perfect compliment to the Minestrone, and worked well to soak up all the deliciousness left in my bowl. Hope you enjoy!



     -4 1/2tsp Active Dry Yeast
     -2cups warm Water (110deg)
     -2tbsp Sugar
     -1/4cup Olive Oil (EVOO)
     -1tbsp Salt
     -2tbsp Dried Basil
     -2tbsp Dried Oregano
     -1tbsp Garlic Powder
     -1tbsp Onion Powder
     -1/2cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
     -6cups All-Purpose Flour
     
Combine all ingredients in bread machine. Select 'Dough' setting. After about an hour (some machines may differ) transfer dough to a large bowl coated with Olive Oil and cover with a damp towel to rise for at least another hour. After dough has risen, cut in half to make two loaves. I don't like using loaf pans, so I laid my loaves on a well greased cookie sheet to rise for another half-hour. While dough is rising, preheat oven to 350. Brush the top of your uncooked dough with melted butter or egg to create a golden brown finish. When dough is ready, place in the preheated oven to bake for 35 minutes, or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment