Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Breakfast Was Killer!

Oh My Goodness. This, my friends, is a throwback to the old days. I honestly haven't eaten Matzo Brei since I was in my teens, and I love it just as much now as I did then! The recipe is extremely simple, and the taste is just to die for. You absolutely HAVE to try this one, and don't forget to tell me what you think in the comments!



     -6 Semi-salted Matzo (soaked in water)
     -4 large eggs 
     -2 tbsp sugar
     -2 tsp Cinnamon
     -2 tbsp Olive Oil (or butter)

In a bowl, mix your eggs with sugar and cinnamon. It should look very similar to a french toast batter. Crumble your soaked matzo into the egg batter and mix it together thoroughly. Put oil in skillet to heat, then add your Matzo Brei mixture to the pan and form a flat pancake with it. Brown on one side for approx. 5-6 minutes, or until golden brown, flip and repeat. Cut into 4 equal pieces and schmear your choice of preserves, powdered sugar, or whatever you like! YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment